Duration: 5 minutes
What you'll need: iPhone
- To turn off Caps Lock on your iPhone, simply press the "Caps Lock" key twice.
- Learning how to turn off caps on an iPhone will help someone type more efficiently, quickly, and accurately.
- In this article, you'll learn how to quickly and easily turn off the Caps Lock feature on your iPhone.
If you’ve ever accidently turned on Caps Lock while typing on your iPhone, you know the frustration of not being able to turn it off. Fortunately, turning off caps lock is actually quite easy and can be done in just a few steps. In this guide, we’ll show you how to disable caps lock on your iPhone so that you'll never have to worry about making a mistake again. We’ll cover all versions of iOS and explain each step clearly so it will be easy for everyone to follow along. So let's get started!
how to turn off caps on iphone
To turn off Caps Lock on an iPhone, double tap the shift key and then release it. A blue highlight will appear to indicate that Caps Lock is off.
- Open your Settings app: From the Home screen, tap on the "Settings" icon.
- Choose General: Tap on "General". It's usually found near the top of the list.
- Go to Keyboard: Scroll down and select “Keyboard”.
- Turn Auto-Capitalization Off: Slide the toggle beside “Auto-Capitalization” to off (white).
At the end of the day, turning off Caps Lock on an iPhone is a relatively painless process that can be done in a few simple steps. Once users know how to turn off Caps Lock mode on their iPhones, they’ll be able to save time and energy, not to mention the embarrassment of sending out emails or text messages without realizing they have Caps Lock turned on! With just a few taps here and there, users can quickly go back to using proper capitalization. Now get out there and show off your newly-acquired skill!
How do I turn off caps on my iPhone?
To turn off caps lock on your iPhone, you'll need to open the Settings app and navigate to General > Keyboard. From there, you can toggle the Auto-Capitalization setting to off. Once this is done, all of your keyboards will no longer automatically capitalize words when typing.
2. Can any iOS device use the same method to turn off caps?
Yes, any iOS device can use the same method to turn off caps. The options for disabling it are found in the Settings app on an iOS device and are consistent across different models.
Is there a difference between changing the Auto-Capitalization setting and turning off caps?
Yes, changing the Auto-Capitalization setting only affects the first letter of sentences or proper nouns. Turning off caps will disable all capital letters on your keyboard.
Does disabling the Auto-Capitalization feature affect all of the keyboards on my iPhone?
Yes, disabling this setting will turn off caps for all of your device's keyboards.
Are there other ways to disable caps besides using the Auto-Capitalization setting?
Yes, you can also use a third-party keyboard that provides more customization options for turning off Caps Lock. You can also lock the Caps Lock key on your physical keyboard, if one is connected.