- Replacing the battery in your AirTag is a simple process.
- Save time and money by avoiding the need to purchase a new AirTag.
- In this article, you will learn how to safely and easily replace the battery in your AirTag.
Replacing the battery in your Apple AirTag is a relatively simple process that can be completed in just a few minutes. This guide will walk you through the steps of replacing the battery in your AirTag, from gathering the necessary supplies to reassembling the device. With the right tools and a bit of patience, you can easily replace the battery in your AirTag and get back to tracking your belongings.
How to replace AirTag battery
To replace the battery in your AirTag, follow these steps:
1. Press down on the polished stainless steel battery cover and rotate it counterclockwise until it stops.
2. Remove the cover and battery.
3. Insert a new CR2032 lithium 3V coin battery, making sure the positive side is facing up. You should hear a sound indicating that the battery is connected.
Please note: some CR2032 batteries with bitterant coatings may not work with AirTag or other battery-powered products, depending on the alignment of the coating in relation to the battery contacts.
4. Replace the cover and ensure that the three tabs on the cover align with the three slots on the AirTag.
5. Rotate the cover clockwise until it stops.
In conclusion, replacing an AirTag battery is a straightforward process that can be completed in minutes. With the right tools and a bit of patience, you can easily replace your AirTag battery and keep your device running smoothly. With the help of this article, you now have the knowledge and confidence to tackle this task on your own. So get out there and show off your AirTag battery replacement skills!
What type of battery does the AirTag use?
The AirTag uses a CR2032 coin cell battery.
How long does the AirTag battery typically last?
The AirTag battery typically lasts up to one year with regular use.
What tools are needed to replace the AirTag battery?
The AirTag battery is a CR2032 coin cell battery. To replace the battery, you do not need any special tools.
How do you open the AirTag to access the battery?
The AirTag is opened by pressing on the back of the AirTag. This will open the device and allow access to the battery.
Are there any risks associated with replacing the AirTag battery?
Yes, there are risks associated with replacing the AirTag battery. If the battery is not installed correctly, it could damage the device and cause it to malfunction. Additionally, incorrect handling of the battery could result in an electric shock, so it is important to follow the instructions carefully when replacing the battery.